If you have been eyeing the beautiful multicolor recycled silk sari yarns in my shop but haven't figured out what to make with it yet, this crochet kit is for you! Make your very own clutch in just a matter of hours. This kit makes the perfect gift for the new crocheter or even an experienced crocheter who has never had the pleasure of working with this unique fiber. Also included in the pattern is a visual tutorial for sewing in a fabric lining, should you choose to do so. No two clutches will ever be the same as the skeins are so unique in color.
Crochet Kit Includes:
- Printed pattern by Stephanie @TripleKnotStudio
- Size J (6mm) aluminum crochet hook
- TWO skeins of recycled silk sari yarn from VanessaKnits wound into balls. 3.5oz (approximately 65 yards) each. *You will receive the two skeins pictured above.
- Contrast color yarn (pictured above)
- Steel yarn needle
- Button (pictured above)
- Stephanie's direct email address should you have any questions regarding the pattern
- Needle & Thread (to sew on button)
- Fabric lining (should you choose to add, however instructions ARE included)
Approximate Size - 9" wide and 6" tall when lying flat. Please note that the size of your clutch will depend on two factors:
(1) The looseness or tightness in which you crochet.
(2) The actual skeins of silk sari yarn you receive. Skeins are wound by weight, not yardage. The 3.5oz skeins can vary a bit in yardage. On average they provide 65 yards per skein.
** YOU ARE PURCHASING THE CROCHET KIT, NOT THE COMPLETED CLUTCH.** If you are interested in a custom order clutch, please contact Stephanie at TripleKnotStudio here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TripleKnotStudio
** Kits are photographed with the ACTUAL contents you will receive -- meaning, skeins, buttons and contrast yarns will differ in other kits. Check back often for new varieties!
A little bit about the yarn...
These yarns are hand spun by women living in the Indian countryside. The major source of income there is agriculture and farming. However, farming only keeps locals employed for about 3-4 months a year. As such, spinning these yarns gives women a means by which they can financially support themselves and their families. Ten community leaders coordinate collection of the silk sari remnants, train local women and distribute materials to various locales so that this unique yarn can come to be.
Composition - 90% silk, 10% other fibers. Made up of the remnants of silk sari fabric. This yarn typically has a few slubs (knotty bits) where different saris are woven together. This is not a defect but a common characteristic of this yarn. Occasionally there are loose ends that peek out from the strand -- I find that these add uniqueness to the final woven project.
Care Instructions - Spot clean with gentle detergent, lay flat to dry. No machine wash or dryer.
Gift Wrap - If you're planning on giving this item as a gift, please let me know. I'll provide you with a gift bag and tissue to wrap up your purchase. Alternately, if you'd like me to ship the item directly to your gift recipient, let me know so I can gift wrap the item here and include a gift message from you.
All items are made and stored in a smoke free home. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you so much for visiting!
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.